I've added more posts! Scroll to the bottom and click "Older Posts" to find more.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Tylenol, Stat!


Well, she finally got her 4 month shots! I am happy to say, they are in the past! As soon as the nurse pricked her, she grabbed onto my shirt with everything she had, and wouldn't let go. She just looked at me, and screamed! Unfortunately, the nurse really took her time. Emmy's a trooper though. As soon as I picked her up to comfort her, she was fine. She dug her face right into my shirt. It was over and done with, and thank goodness for that! As we were checking out, the nurse gave her a little blue elephant to take home, but it didn't impress Emberlyn too much. She just stared at me with these puppy dog eyes and I could tell she wanted out of there. Unlike her last round of shots, these really seemed to effect her. She didn't even need Tylenol last time. Well I gave it to her as soon as we walked in the front door, and she took a good afternoon nap. However, once she woke up, it was as if she had never taken a nap. She had no energy, was fussy, and she didn't really want to play. So, I put on Baby Einstein for her, which helped a little. And gave her another dose, which helped even more. But she wasn't the same old Emmy. AND...to make matters worse, her stuffy/runny nose is back! Hopefully, she'll sleep that off tonight. I made her 6 month appointment for the end of March. Yes, more shots in a few weeks, but don't tell HER that!

1 comments:

LTC said...

Oh my poor EJ! I know that Kamryn's 4 month shots were her worst...she slept for hours and hours! So tired...they get better as they go on though, soon they won't even phase her past the initial poke!
Fell better Em!